Have you heard of turmeric? The fact you’re reading an article about turmeric supplements tell us that you probably have. This wonder spice has been popular across the world over the last few years in particular, but it goes far beyond that. Turmeric has been used throughout history to treat a range of ailments and diseases.
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and contains curcumin, which is the compound which gives it the yellow hue. Of course, curcumin is about more than colour and this particular compound is thought to be the main reason why turmeric overall is so beneficial. A quick run down of the main benefits of turmeric include:
- Anti-inflammatory properties which can drastically reduce the amount of inflammation around the body
- Antioxidant properties which help to boost the immune system
- Helps to lower the risk of developing a brain disease
- May reduce the risk of heart disease
- May help to treat or prevent certain types of cancers
- May help to slow down the progress of Alzheimer’s Disease, or prevent it from developing in the first place
- May help to reduce the pain and effects of arthritis
- May help to reduce depression symptoms
- May also help to reduce chronic disease effects
Turmeric supplements have become very popular over the last few years, because everyone is hearing about the amazing benefits we have just talked about. Due to that fact, the market is flooded with choices. Remember, the supplement world overall is not regulated, and that means there is no control over what a product can say about itself. For that reason, reading reviews from users and knowing the truth is vital.
To help you find the best supplement for your needs, let’s check out 7 of the best turmeric supplements on the market today.
Number One Choice – 1MD Advanced Turmeric Curcumin X285
This is without a doubt one of the very best turmeric supplements on the market, and that makes it our number one choice. This is a big brand name, and has a variety of other supplements to choose from, such as probiotics as well. This is also a very pure extract of turmeric, giving you the best results. The supplement contains two ingredients which are patented and unique to this product – Longvida Turmeric Curcumin and WokVel Boswellia Serrata. These are both known to have fantastic effects for health and wellbeing, as well as giving you more energy overall.
The product is also 100% suitable for vegans, and contains no GMO ingredients.
- Big brand name which gives you peace of mind
- Several pack sizes available, for extra cost effectiveness
- Two strong, patented ingredients which are unique to this product
- A pure extract, for extra results
- Great reputation and reviews
- Slightly higher in price compared to some other products
Solgar Turmeric Root Extract
The main plus point of this supplement isn’t just how well it performs but the price too. Cost effectiveness is important if you are taking a supplement daily, as costs mount up over prolonged periods of time.
This product gives you around an 80% turmeric amount in each serving, compared to some others on the market. That might not sound impressive, but the cost is around half of those same supplements, which is something to consider if you find you like this supplement and want to take it over the long-term. You will receive 400mg of turmeric in every serving, and there are no fillers or bulking agents added in, such as black pepper extract. This is sometimes added in to boost the power of the turmeric, but this product doesn’t require it.
- A simple supplement which gives you a good amount of turmeric in every capsules
- Once a day, small and easy to swallow capsules
- Good price for the quality you’re getting
- No added fillers or bulking agents, e.g. no black pepper extract to boost effectiveness
- Good reviews from those who have tried the product
- Whilst the price is lower, you are losing 20% turmeric with each serving, compared to some other higher priced supplements, so this is something to consider
VitaBalance Turmeric Plus
The VitaBalance Turmeric Plus daily supplement is a powerful choice and it will give you the best of the known benefits of Turmeric. Within each capsule (you take one capsule per day as a complete serving), you’re getting 1200mg of turmeric extract, and in addition this supplement contains 100mg of circuminoids one very serving. This boosts the overall effectiveness of the turmeric and therefore gives you more scope for benefits.
Because you’re getting a large amount of supplement content within one serving, there is the concern that perhaps your body won’t absorb all of it; this is sometimes the case. To counteract that possible risk, this supplement contains 10mg of BioPerine, which helps your body to absorb the contents of the capsule, and therefore utilise the benefits.
- You get an extra boost of peace of mind with this product because it was developed in a facility which is FDA registered
- Large amounts of turmeric and also circuminoids with one serving
- Also contains BioPerine to help your body absorb all the benefits of this supplement
- Easy to swallow capsules
- Slightly higher in price to our last product, but has more benefit in general
Blue Bonnet Turmeric Root Extract
This is a supplement from a company you’ll instantly know the name of if you have shown any interest in the supplement world in general. Blue Bonnet have a range of different supplements across various areas, and one is turmeric root extract. Again, this is a very simple product which doesn’t contain fillers or bulking agents and simply gives you a standard 400mg of turmeric root extract with every serving. Capsules are easy to swallow and are also vegetarian.
The other plus point is that Blue Bonnet make sure that all of their supplements are manufactured away from any possible cross contact with allergens, e.g. soy or dairy, to name just two. That gives you more peace of mind overall.
- A simple and effective product which does what it says on the tin, with 400mg of turmeric root extract with every serving
- Capsules are vegetarian and easy to swallow
- Produced away from any possible allergens, e.g. soy or dairy
- No bulking agents or fillers included
- More expensive than other simple supplements in the same vein
New Chapter Turmeric Force
This top quality turmeric root extract supplement is a pure choice because it is extract directly from the plant and isn’t subject to extras or fillers, as some products are. This gives you a purer choice and more peace of mind that you will receive the benefits as you take the supplement every day.
New Chapter extract the turmeric using a process containing ethanol and carbon dioxide, which ensures that you’re getting the best benefit possible. There is also no added black pepper extract, which is often added to lesser quality products in many cases. Capsules are small and smooth, making them easy to swallow, and you simply take one per day to reap the benefits.
- A pure form of turmeric extract which is extracted from the plant using high quality processes, which this company are known for
- No added extras, such as black pepper extract
- Easy to swallow capsules, which are small and smooth
- Because of the high quality and purity of the turmeric root extract, the price is a little higher, compared to some other similar products
Lumen Naturals Turmeric Curcumin 1200
The word ‘naturals in the title really sums up this supplement, as it is designed to be as natural as it is possible to be, considering the fact tat there are a few added extras within this supplement. Despite that, these extras are designed to help the body absorb all the benefits rather than being simply to bulk up the content.
Capsules are vegan friendly and contain 600mg of turmeric root extract (pure), with 50mg of curcuminoids for extra benefits. There is also 5mg of BioPerine to help the body absorb the goodness ,which is also a form of black pepper extract. This is something which some supplements don’t contain, because it is considered a filler, but it does have benefit in itself and helps the body to take in the higher doses of turmeric, which may otherwise not be possible.
- Contains a high amount of turmeric root extract for optimal benefits
- Also contains 50mg of curcuminoids for extra benefits in addition
- Contains 5mg of BioPerine which is designed to help the body better absorb all of the above
- Reviews of this product are very positive
- Slightly expensive as a turmeric supplement choice
- Not 100% natural, thanks to the extras
Organic India Turmeric Formula
Our final choice in our top seven turmeric root extract supplements is an Organic India product. This is a recognisable name for anyone who is familiar with the supplement or alternative health world, giving you extra peace of mind.
There is a difference to this product compared to others, because it also contains ginger root. There are extra benefits to be had in this, however there isn’t a huge amount of science to back it up. Despite that, extra benefit is still extra benefit! You will receive a standard 400mg of turmeric root extract with this product, without any other added fillers or bulking agents. This makes this particular supplement a simple choice, despite the addition of ginger.
- Contains ginger root extract, which although not particularly backed up by science, does have some extra benefits
- A standard amount of turmeric root extract gives good quality benefits for health and wellbeing
- Easy to take capsules, and you simply take one per day
- No extra fillers, if you don’t count the ginger root as a filler
- Ginger root extract doesn’t actually have a huge amount of scientifically-backed evidence, so whether you go for this choice or something else, is a personal decision
These are 7 of the best turmeric root extract products on the market, and as a result you have some information on which to base your decision. Remember, one size doesn’t fit all, and just because we have recommended these products due to their high quality and positive reviews, that doesn’t stop you from seeking out alternatives and doing more research! When it comes to health and wellbeing, there is never enough research you can do!
Remember, before you start taking any type of supplement, you should always speak to your doctor first. There aren’t a huge amount of side effects known, but then again there haven’t been a huge amount of studies into it either, and that gives a certain amount of grey area. By speaking to your doctor, especially if you have any medical conditions or you’re taking any specific medications, will help to calm your mind and ensure that you don’t run into problems. As a result, you’re clear to reap the major benefits that turmeric root extract is known for.
In addition, make sure that you shop around when looking for your extract, as prices can vary from place to place. Online is probably the best place to find supplements, however you can also shop in High Street health stores too. Always read reviews and do your research before making a final decision. It is also a good idea to stick to single packs, e.g. don’t bulk buy, at first. This means that if you don’t particularly like the supplement (and you might not know until you’ve tried it), you haven’t wasted a huge amount of cash and you’re stuck with several packs of a supplement you can’t use.
Overall, turmeric root extract has some fantastic benefits, and because it is extremely difficult to get a good amount of turmeric in your diet on a regular basis, a supplement is certainly the best way forward if you want to bring the fantastic benefits your way.
Last Updated on